Friday, January 15, 2010

The Haiti Earthquake



I have no words. I'm completely speechless. I'm sure you all have long heard about this tragic event, but seeing a visual of the people on the streets like this is saddening. I can only hope and pray for everyone there, as well as those in the U.S. and across the globe that have family there that they have not heard from. I'm usually not one for randomly donating money, because I believe sharing your time with others is a lot more valuable, but in a situation like this, there doesn't really seem like there are many more options for me or most people at the moment. You can read below on how you can donate using your cell phone via MSNBC. Oh, I'd also like to give a middle finger to Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson for their comments regarding this tragedy. Some people's ignorance is so great, it doesn't allow a bit of compassion to show.

-Text the word "YELE" to 501501 to donate $5 to the Yele Haiti foundation.
-Text the word "HAITI" to 20222 to donate $10 to the Clinton Foundation Haiti Relief Fund.
-Text "HAITI" to 25383 to donate $5 to the International Rescue Committee.
-Text "HAITI" to 85944 to donate $10 to the International Medical Corps.

No comments:

Post a Comment