Monday, January 4, 2010

Jay-Z's "On To The Next One" Video Broken Down


This video caused A LOT of controversy upon it's release on NYE. People were on twitter making all kinds of accusations (me being one of them) based on the obvious imagery presented. Skeptics will call it "artistic" or a "coincidence" without realizing that these symbols have been in his clothes, music and other videos for years. Does anybody know for sure if Jay-Z is involved in the Illuminati and some of it's lower factions? Sure, but they aren't the ones debating online so it's not helping any of our arguments. And the ones that have been saying it for years now (Prodigy, Jaz-O, etc) come off as jealous hasbeens so no one believes them. I'm not telling you what to believe, but please, don't be naive. You have to ultimately ask yourself "Why is he putting these images in a upbeat/club songs video?" Even if you do believe he is, but you don't care, you may ask "How does this even effect me?" Well, it may not effect you directly right now. But one day you'll have kids (if you don't already) and I know I wouldn't want them watching this video 20 times a day on BET/MTV.

Again, I don't want to tell anyone how to think. I just want to put the facts out there and encourage everyone to really look below the surface. In closing, I'd like to use this as an example. As a college student, I was around Greek members on a regular basis. In fact, I'm friends with some of them. Being around them constantly, I've become aware of certain gestures and steps they do together to celebrate their brother/sisterhood. Seeing as how I am NOT a Greek member, however, I would not wake up one day, make a (rap) video dressed in their colors and symbols and flash imagery related to the fraternity/sorority. Why? Because it's disrespectful and there would probably be some repercussions. I would though, under one circumstance...if I was myself a Greek member...

1 comment:

  1. That last sentence made me say, "Got em!" lol but really that was a good analogy relating the Jay-Z suspicions to your Greek experience. It makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete