Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"A Message To My Brothas"


Like most throughout the city, and the country, my heart is still heavy after watching the video of Derrion Albert being beaten to death. What makes this situation worse is the fact that since it has happened, the violence in our communities hasn't slowed down one bit. It's so much that needs to be done, but it's hard to really pinpoint where one should start. As a hip-hop artist who is well indulged in the cultures (unofficial) 5th element (knowledge/being informed), I feel it is only right that I speak on this matter in the best way I know how, in song. I hope by doing this, I can provoke some you all to make a change in your respective communites. Because, I do realize that this piece of spoken word won't reach who it needs to online, so it is up to us to march forward. This has nothing to do with rap, because it's bigger than that. Inconjuction with my place of employment, I have been doing some work with the youth in the Roseland community, but we NEED more help. So, I invite anyone in the Chicago area who is genuinely down to making a change to e-mail me at Tha.Advakit@gmail.com. PEACE!

Be sure to check out the song/spoken word piece I did in regards to this below...

"A Message To My Brothas"

http://limelinx.com/files/2f02dd9d7a89b20b94e71a2219479d78

No comments:

Post a Comment